Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Woodside Synagogue Ahavas Torah (WSAT). Please read this page carefully for information about becoming a member.
Any questions regarding membership may be directed to Siporah Jackson, Vice President for Membership and Community Relations (email@example.com).
- Full: $925
- Single: $450
- Young Married: $600
- Student: $200
- Associate – in town** : $200
- Associate – out of town**: $75
** Out of town members are considered out of town when it would be not practical for them to walk to our synagogue. Thus residents of Kemp Mill, White Oak, Chevy Chase and Washington D.C. and Bethesda neighborhoods would be considered “in town” members. Residents of Gaithersburg, Columbia, Baltimore and Northern Virginia would be considered “out of town” members.
- Can vote on shul business and hold elected shul office.
- Dues for full membership will be prorated quarterly, not monthly.
- Cannot vote on shul business or hold any elected shul office.
- Dues for associates are not prorated.
Members & Associates
- The process for becoming an associate is the same as for a member, i.e. approval by the Rav and then the Board.
- Benefits Include:
- Listing of contact information in various forms of shul membership directories.
- Member rates for High Holiday seats
- Member rates for using shul space
- Same priority as members for any scenario in which members have priority over non-members (e.g. High Holiday seat assignments)
- Access to WSAT dental plan (established by the Board on April 18, 2007).
- Associates have responsibility to pay their dues and can be dropped from membership in same fashion as could a full member.
- Additional Considerations
- The shul’s fiscal year runs July 1 through June 30. Anyone attempting to join the shul in the last two months of the fiscal year (May and June) will only be charged for the next year’s dues.